“Improving the diversity and resilience of Limestone Coast varieties and clones”
When: Wednesday 31st January 2018, 9.30am – 3pm
Where: Struan House, Riddoch Hwy, Struan
Cost; $50pp [incl GST], register HERE.
9:30am INTRODUCTION; MC Russell Fisher
9.35 am Setting the scene; changes, challenges and choices for the LSC region. Libby Tassie
10:00am Opportunities offered with future planting material; clones and varieties. Nick Dry
10:20am: Varietal development in the Adelaide Hills via Vine Improvement. Prue Henschke
10:40 am: Winemaking & Viticulture thoughts for the long term. Alex McKay
11.10am Local experiences; viticulture and marketing stories; panel of Peter Bird, Frank Di Giorgio,
11.30 Break & pouring
11:45 Tasting: Current examples of Limestone Coast diversity.
12.30 lunch [& re-set for next tasting]
1.00 pm: Varieties of the future for cool climates; where is the market headed; a wine writer & marketing perspective Tim White
1.30 pm Tasting: Suggestions for future diversity.
2.00 pm: LSC requirements to optimise access to high health, true to type planting material, and regional specific trial; Libby Tassie, Prue Henschke, Chris Brodie
2.15 pm Future directions for LSC – facilitated discussion with Russell Fisher
- Points to discuss and consider;
- Winery preferred varieties,
- Future for variety-clone-rootstock mix,
- Alternate Varieties for LSC future environment,
- availability of preferred selections and role vine improvement can play,
- review and feedback from days proceedings and future directions,
- NOTE – A Proceedings / Case study will be published from the out-comes of this workshop.
- Featured Wines;
- Yalumba Cabernet clonal samples,
- more …